6 REASONS WHY YOUR MARRIAGE WON’T LAST!!!!
1. POSSIBILITY OVER PROBABILITY. You married your spouse for who they might be in the long run but not for who they currently are, Truth is the majority of us do not live to reach all of our dreams, goals and aspirations. Although there is nothing wrong with standing beside your spouse and believing in them you have to be satisfied with how they are now just in case it never happens. If you are not satisfied with how your spouse is now then there is a high possibility you won’t be later.
2. DIARRHEA MOUTH. You run and tell your friends and family about every time your spouse does something you dislike or when they make a mistake. Your spouse is GUARANTEED to make a huge mistake as will you! No relationship will be perfect but when you married your spouse you should have went into the relationship accepting the good with the bad… Telling your close loved ones when your spouse makes a mistake is allowing them access into your personal affairs giving them too much of an opinion on your marriage without knowing all the intricate details , this cause unnecessary conflict from outside influences and it can also become uncomfortable during family gatherings. So keep your mouth shut!
3. TOO CLINGY. You don’t understand why your spouse wants to hang out like they’re not married but the truth is they don’t understand why YOU don’t hang out more. You understand the importance of family time however everyone is entitled to spend a good amount of time with their friends too, (as long as it doesn’t take priority over your family time.) Just because you forgot about your friends doesn’t mean your spouse has. Take time to go out and get away and the more comfortable you’ll be when your spouse does, Within reason of course!
4. FINAL WORD WOES. The word “sorry” is not in your dictionary, you would rather argue until you’re blue rather than accept the fact that sometimes even your spouse won’t see things your way! Not only that, you are not willing to apologize about whatever you did that may have hurt their feelings even if it wasn’t intentional..,. No one wrote the book on apologies! sometimes it’s good to simply let your partner know that you care and that you are willing to work on your actions and on how you respond regardless if you feel as though you were wrong or not. It shouldn’t be a fight over right or wrong but rather an understanding of what triggers your partner and how you can work around not offending them in any way, this will allow your spouse to be more receptive to your concerns without defense walls being built.
5. NO MORE DATE NIGHTS. You thought that dating ends after marriage begins…. NOT ! The only time you go somewhere is when others are involved. HUGE MISTAKE! You should take the time to date your spouse at least once or twice a month, this will keep the relationship exciting and new for the duration of your marriage and keep things spicy! Your spouse want’s to know that “they still got it” and that you know they are a good catch because you aren’t afraid to show them off!
6. PITY PARTY’S. You thought marriage was supposed to be centered around how you feel, in return you married your spouse based off how they make you feel rather than how well you fulfill each other. So you fall in love quickly because they said all the things you wanted to hear… Then suddenly your spouse says or does something you dislike and interrupts your perfect picture! Awwwwww…. Now you’re ready to call it quits! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE DIVORCE PAPERS!!!! This just isn’t realistic of how a long-lasting marriage works. It is not your spouse’s responsibility to make you happy or fill your void, guess what… Only YOU you are responsible for your own happiness! Your spouse should be icing ont the cake but sometimes they might make it worse, If your arent’ built to go through the lows of marriage most likely you won’t survive to reach the highs!